Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Music Love...


So I have just realised that I'm not really living up to the name of my blog, as I hardly ever seem to write about music or reading, just fashion, fashion and more fashion, with a touch of beauty thrown in...

But I have to say, I do love my music!

Always have!

My earliest music memories include my mum listening to Phil Collins whilst vacuuming the house, dancing around to "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" by Gene Pitney and trying to get my head around the fact that Tracey Chapman was a lady...

I did the whole boy band thing, with posters of Backstreet Boys and Hanson adorning my walls, then became obsessed with Alanis when Jagged Little Pill came out...

Through my going out years, I listened to everything from r'n'b to hip hop, house to trance and the good old commerical pop anthems which were played in some form, no matter where you went!

Yes, I was one of those girls screaming "this is MY song!!" whenever My My My by Armand Van Helden came on... Or Four to The Floor by Starsailor... or Return of the Mack by Mark Morrison...

Over the last few years though, my music tastes have definitely changed. I hardly ever listen to the radio, and when I do, I don't know and often don't like many of the songs. I hate most of the dance-y remixed tracks and can't stand that voice-box thingy most "R&B" singers are using at the moment. Yes, I am one of those people who now say " they don't make songs like they used to!"

Friends have introduced me to new bands. Random CD's in my boyfriends car led me to some of the most amazing songs I have ever heard. Listening to Triple J and You Tube-ing artists, I have stumbled across music that makes me smile. I love old music - for the stories and that true rock vibe that comes with it. Music in movies. Live DVD's.

I have to admit, I do like a few of the more "commercial" bands out there - The Script, OneRepublic... But I like them for their current and past albums, not just the #1 being played 3 times an hour on the radio.

Some of my absolute favs at the moment include:

Kings of Leon - will be amazing live!

Bon Iver

Jeff Buckley - so sad...

Temper Trap - go the Aussie talent!

N.E.R.D and Pharrell Williams - did you know Pharrell produced the original music for "Despicable Me?"including the great theme music? FUNNY movie!

David Gray

Angus and Julia Stone - please don't judge them by their appearance at the Aria's!

Robyn

Sia

Miike Snow - appearing at Good Vibes 2011! Can't wait!

Local Natives - cannot wait to see them in January 2011

Aloe Blacc - ditto!

The Killers - awesome live at Good Vibes 2010!

The Rolling Stones

Florence + The Machine - seeing them live in August was INCREDIBLE!!


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks oh-so-much for leaving a comment on this post!
xx